Sopris After-School: 4/25-5/12
Sopris Mountain School Families,
Here is what the activity/lesson schedule will look like for the next few weeks! Hydration and sunscreen application will be a main focus for the group as well as finishing strong. Summer is right around the corner! April 25th-28th: - Team Building Tuesday: "Secret" MTN School Fort Project
Students will display teamwork, communication, and words of encouragement
- Wandering Wednesday: Visit TRCS or GSES
Predator VS Prey
- Let's Talk Thursday: Colorado WildFlowers Learning Targets:
How do wildflowers grow & sustain themselves?
How do wildflowers survive the winter months?
Columbine (how to identify)
Indian Paintbrush (how to identify)
Yellow & Purple Daisy (how to identify)
- Free Time Friday: The Ultimate Playground Afternoon May 1st-5th:
- Mindful Monday: Trash Pick Up around Sopris Elementary
Students will work in teams.
Students will help clean up their school!
- Team Building Tuesday: Field Trip to GSES - Wandering Wednesday: Babbish Gulch Field Trip
Silently Search for Wildlife
Look for Blooming Wildflowers
- Let's Talk Thursday: Let's talk about Colorado Water Resources
How many states pull water from the Colorado River? Can you name these states?
- Free Time Friday: Roaring Fork River Journey May 8th-12th:
- Mindful Monday: Mindful Meditation Monday
Release your Energy Relay Race
- Team Building Tuesday: Field Trip to GSES
Capture the Flag
Kickball or Soccer! Sopris vs GSES
- Wandering Wednesday: Journey to the Crystal River
Rivers of the Roaring Fork Valley
Rock Skipping (Form, Distance, & Style Points)
- Let's Talk Thursday: Wildlife Respect & Safety Lesson
How can we be mindful around animals in the wilderness?
Respect Distance Game
Wild Animal Safety Lesson
- Free Time Friday: The Ultimate Playground Afternoon